Linguine With Clam Sauce Recipe
- 340 gram package linguine
- 2 cans (170 grams) chopped clams
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 (226 grams) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Crushed Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 13 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- Garnish: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- FOR THE SAUCE:To get the clam juice from fresh clams all you need to do is put some koshersalt with water in a large skillet and put the clams in it. Cover the skillet andsteam at high heat. When the clams open, remove the heat and remove all clams that didn’t open. Strain the water and you have a fresh batch of clam juice.
- FOR THE PASTA:The directions for making the pasta are present on the pack. Use a Dutchoven to cook the pasta, drain it and set aside.
- Step 1: First drain the clams and save the juice for later.
- Step 2: Melt the butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once thebutter melts, add the mushrooms and the garlic. Fry for about 5 minutes oruntil the mushrooms get soft.
- Step 3: Now add the clams, white wine, basil, parsley, seasoning, the black pepperand the red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes and stir frequently.
- Step 4: Next mix the clam juice in the pasta (in the Dutch oven) and cook for 5minutes over moderate heat. Remove the heat and add the mushroommixture in the pasta. Stir gently until the mixture is well mixed. Lastly,garnish with cheese (optional).
Best Linguine With Clam Sauce Recipe
I’m going to be completely honest, I wasn’t a big fan of clams, especially as food. But this recipe changed my mind. This linguine with clam sauce
recipe gives you a nice Italian dinner at home. It’s quick and easy to make.
If you’re a fan of Italian food, this is for you; and if you’re not, maybe you
should consider trying new things.
Linguine with clam sauce is great if you want to try something different
and easy. Linguine originated in Italy and is a very famous dish. It was
traditionally served with sauces like pesto but tomato sauce and fish-based
sauces (like clam sauce) are also loved all around the world.
Linguine is delicious when paired with a well-cooked clam sauce. Along with that, you can also add a few dishes to your dinner table that will make your night (or day) even better. These dishes are amazing but still quite simple.
One good dish will be a green salad with champagne vinaigrette. It’s quite
easy to make and brings out the best in your linguine with clam sauce.
Another great side dish would be roasted asparagus with lemon. It adds an
extra punch to your linguine with clam sauce recipe. These side dishes
are easy and quick to make and they make a decent meal that everyone can
If you fear that the clam sauce will make your linguine with clam sauce
smelly and fishy. Do not worry, the clam sauce does not smell or taste fishy.
It’s tasty and has a nice, oceanic aroma that will melt your heart as soon as it touches your lips.
And yes you can also use canned clams. They’re just like fresh clams and
give a delicious clam sauce.
While using fresh clams, you have to keep somethings in mind. Mostly when you buy clams they come in quite airy bags because they’re alive and need air. If you get them in something like a plastic bag, get them out in
something airy as soon as possible. The procedure to make the sauce is
given in the directions.
Also make sure the clams are alive. To check that you need to see if all the
shells are closed. If they are not closed, try tapping the shell. If it closes,
they’re alive; if not, there’s nothing you can do with them. If the clams are
cracked, you should discard them as well.
Linguine with clam sauce recipe is not only a delicious meal but also a
healthy meal. The pasta itself is rich in fiber and nutrients and has low
calories and carbs. It is a good recipe if you want to have taste and health all on one plate. It’s best to use whole-grain pasta for the recipe. Linguine is also available in whole wheat versions. So I’d recommend using that.
In addition to what kind of linguine you should use, what you top it with is
also important. Clam sauce has quite some health benefits hidden under its
simple looks as well. Clam sauce is rich in protein and low in fats which
makes it a worthy companion for the linguine. It also contains minerals that
are good for your body.
You can also freeze the linguine with clam sauce. It’s better to make it in
extra batches so you can freeze them for later. Tightly cover it and freeze for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the sauce and use it with fresh linguine.