Calling all coffee and Baileys enthusiasts! Get ready to embark on a delicious journey with these Baileys & Coffee Cupcakes, a decadent treat that combines the rich aroma of coffee with the smooth sweetness of Baileys Irish Cream.
Perfect for any occasion, these cupcakes are sure to impress with their moist crumb, irresistible flavor, and delightful boozy kick.
A Coffee-Infused Delight:
The recipe for these Baileys & Coffee cupcakes is a delightful dance between two rich flavors. Strong brewed coffee adds depth and intensity, while the espresso powder provides a subtle hint of bitterness that balances out the sweetness.
The Baileys Irish Cream, meanwhile, infuses the cupcakes with a luxurious flavor and a touch of warmth.
Beyond Baileys & Coffee Cupcakes:
But the coffee and Baileys magic doesn’t stop there. The Baileys Coffee Buttercream that tops these cupcakes takes the experience to a whole new level.
Creamy and smooth, the frosting perfectly complements the flavors of the Baileys & Coffee cupcakes, creating a harmonious symphony of taste and texture.
Simple Ingredients, Straightforward Instructions:
The beauty of Baileys & Coffee cupcakes lies in their accessibility. You don’t need fancy ingredients or extensive baking experience.
All you need are simple, readily available ingredients and a willingness to follow straightforward instructions.
Gather Your Essentials:
Before you begin, ensure you have all the necessary ingredients for both the cupcakes and the Baileys Coffee Buttercream.
Remember, room-temperature ingredients yield the best results.
Preparation is Key:
Preheat your oven and line your muffin tins with paper liners. These simple preparations ensure a smooth baking process.
Creating the Flavorful Base:
First, whisk together the dry ingredients like flour, coffee powder, baking powder, and salt. This creates the base for your fluffy cupcakes.
Next, cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This essential step incorporates air into the batter, resulting in a light and airy texture.
Adding Layers of Flavor:
Beat in the eggs one by one, followed by the vanilla extract. This adds richness and depth of flavor.
Then, alternate adding the dry ingredients and sour cream/yogurt in three batches, mixing until just combined. This ensures a smooth batter without overmixing.
Infusing the Coffee and Baileys Magic:
Now comes the exciting part: Stir in the brewed coffee and Baileys Irish Cream. These two ingredients infuse the cupcakes with their irresistible flavors.
Filling and Baking:
Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tins. This ensures each cupcake receives the perfect amount of deliciousness.
Bake according to the recipe instructions, and let the aroma of Baileys & Coffee Cupcakes fill your kitchen.
Cooling and Frosting:
Once baked, let your Baileys & Coffee cupcakes cool completely before frosting. This allows them to set properly and ensures the frosting adheres beautifully.
Baileys Coffee Buttercream: Taking the Flavor Up a Notch:
Cream together the softened butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. This forms the foundation of your delectable frosting.
Then, stir in the instant coffee powder (optional), Baileys Irish Cream, and brewed coffee. Finally, add a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness and create a truly enchanting frosting.
The Final Touches:
Generously frost the cooled cupcakes with the Baileys Coffee Buttercream. For an extra festive touch, sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles, or get creative with decorations of your choice.
Enjoy Your Creation!
Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy your delicious Baileys & Coffee Cupcakes! Share them with friends and family, and revel in the compliments you receive for your baking skills.
For the best results, use high-quality ingredients, don’t overmix the batter, and let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting. Feel free to adjust the amount of coffee and Baileys to your taste and experiment with different decorations.
Baileys & Coffee Cupcakes Recipe
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 3/4 cups 207g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 113g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup 200g granulated sugar
- 3 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup 80g sour cream or plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup 60ml strong black coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 1/3 cup 80ml Baileys Irish Cream
For the Baileys Coffee Buttercream:
- 1 cup 226g unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups 480g confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder optional
- 3 tablespoons 45ml Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons strong black coffee cooled to room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate sprinkles optional
Preheat and prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
Whisk dry ingredients:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Cream butter and sugar:
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Add egg whites and vanilla:
- Beat in the egg whites one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
Alternate wet and dry ingredients:
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and sour cream to the wet ingredients in three batches, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
Stir in coffee and Baileys:
- Stir in the coffee and Baileys Irish Cream.
Divide and bake:
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely in the pan before frosting.
Make the buttercream:
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the espresso powder, if using.
- Beat in the Baileys Irish Cream, coffee, and salt until smooth.
Frost and decorate:
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with the Baileys Coffee Buttercream.
- Top with chocolate sprinkles, if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious Baileys Coffee Cupcakes!
Can I substitute the Baileys Irish Cream with another liqueur?
Yes, you can substitute the Baileys with any other coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlúa or Tia Maria. However, the taste will be slightly different.
Can I make these cupcakes ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Baileys & Coffee cupcakes and frosting ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator or freezer. Once you’re ready to serve, bring them to room temperature and frost them with the Baileys Coffee Buttercream.
How do I store leftover cupcakes?
Leftover cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
The Final Bite:
Elevate your dessert game with these exquisite Baileys & Coffee Cupcakes. Beyond being a mere treat, they encapsulate an unparalleled experience.
Satisfy your yearning for coffee while treating yourself to a truly extraordinary creation. Don your apron, fire up your oven, and embark on the journey of baking these delectable delights!
For those enchanted by this recipe, explore our collection, including the incredibly fluffy vanilla cupcakes that are bound to delight your taste buds.