Take a bite out of our latest chocolatey delight: The Best Chocolate Fudge Cake.
No not the Mud Cake, this is a fudge cake. It has a light texture that makes it all the more delightful. When you add the sweet chocolate flavor of the smooth ganache, this dessert is utterly irresistible.
Made with a handful of simple ingredients, it’s a perfect treat for all the chocolate lovers out there.
So, prepare to be blown away by the pure excellence of this amazing Chocolate Fudge Cake.
Why do I love this Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe?
Now, let’s begin with why this recipe caught my eye in the first place. As you already know there are thousands of Fudge Cake Recipes out there that claim that they are the best.
I’ll admit that their popularity is mostly justified. They are all very good recipes in their way. Each adds a little something to the basic Fudge cake that makes it even more special.
However, this recipe is rather simple when compared to others available on the internet. That is part of its allure for me.
Here are some of the things that I love about this recipe:
Get ready for an otherworldly experience. This recipe achieves this by blending melted chocolate and cocoa powder to create an unmatched texture and flavor that you won’t find anywhere else.
Enjoy this treat with a moist and fudgy texture that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
It has an excellent taste that is surprisingly more chocolatey than found in cakes these days.
The greatest achievement of this recipe (at least in my eyes) is just how simplified it is. There is no need for special equipment or such complications. For this Fudge Cake Recipe, a bowl and a spoon are all the tools you need.
I’ve messed up more cakes in my life than I care to admit, so it came as a relief that I don’t have to worry about that for this recipe. This dessert by its very nature is practically foolproof.
It is very hard to overcook and you don’t even have to worry about the cake rising out of the pan.
And of course, we can’t forget the Chocolate Ganache. The cherry on top (or should I say the “Frosting” on top) of this superb delight. It is so simple to make and makes your cake just splendid.
How to make this Chocolate Fudge Cake?
If you’ve ever made brownies before, you will find this recipe very similar to them. This recipe has its roots in the traditional brownie recipes.
Following this recipe is very simple, just make sure that you have all the ingredients measured and ready at hand before starting and everything should go smoothly.
Nevertheless, there is one thing that you should keep in mind. When you see the cracks forming on the cake, don’t panic. That is perfectly normal and they will diminish as the cake cools. Besides the ganache will cover all the cracks that remain visible.
So your cake will look flawless.
Fudge Cake vs. Mud Cake
There is a lot of confusion regarding the difference between Fudge cakes and Mud cakes. So let’s clear it out for you. Chocolate mud cake has a dense consistency that makes it feel like… well, like mud. Mud cakes feel more like super dense puddings than cakes really.
Fudge cakes, on the other hand, are much more cake-like. These delicious desserts do have a thick consistency like the mud cakes but they are much lighter.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
In my opinion, a fudge cake recipe is not complete without a sumptuous chocolate ganache.
If you don’t know what a chocolate ganache is, you are in for a treat. It is very simple to prepare. All you need for this frosting is cream and chocolate.
Melt and mix these ingredients and you have a perfect chocolate ganache. When it is hot you can drizzle it over anything, our delicious vanilla cupcakes, for example. And when it gets cool enough, it has a nice thickness that is perfect for spreading and swirling over your Fudge Cakes.
If you liked this recipe, take a look at some of our other dessert recipes like, this delicious Chocolate Mocha Cake Recipe.
Fudge Cake Recipe
- ½ Cups (125 g) Dark Chocolate Chips
- 7 tbsp (100 g) Butter
- 1 1/4 Cups (250 g) White sugar
- ¼ Cup (55 g) Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup (35 g) Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup (125 g) Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Boiling Hot Water
- 1 tbsp Coffee Granules
- 1 Cup (235 g) Thick Cream
- ½ Cup (85 g) Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 150 C (or 300 F). Grease a 9” cake pan and line it with baking paper.
- Take a bowl and put in the butter and chocolate. Microwave it for 30 seconds on high then take it out and mix well. Put it back in and repeat this process twice more so that the butter and chocolate are combined.
- Add oil, vanilla, and sugar. Mix well and then add the eggs and continue mixing.
- Next sift cocoa, baking powder and flour (and coffee) directly into the bowl. Mix until smooth (there could be a few small lumps, and that’s ok). Now add the boiling water and continue mixing.
- Now comes the baking part. Pour this batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 1 hour or until the back of a spoon inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. It is best to check the cake at about 50 minutes of baking.
- Take off the sides of the baking pan and transfer it to a cooling rack. Let it cool completely before carefully removing the base of the pan from underneath the cake.
- Melt the chocolate and cream in a bowl by microwaving it 3 times for 30 seconds. Every 30 seconds remove the bowl and give its contents a good stir.
- After the microwaving is done, stir the chocolate until it’s smooth. Then refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until it has a nice thick consistency.
- Then spread it over the cake on the top and sides. You can use a teaspoon to gently smooth out the surface and get the picture-worthy texture.