Well Do you know how to make Sandwich?
Today I have quite a simple recipe for you. It’s probably the most common
food you can find. And you have definitely tasted it at least once… no, twice
in your life (or maybe countless would be much better). You already know
the name of this recipe so I’m not going to talk that vaguely anymore. Yes;
it’s this amazing chicken sandwich recipe, we’re talking about.
Yeah, yeah, I know “chicken sandwiches, seriously.”, “what’s there to know
about sandwiches?”. Those were just some of the things I had to say when I
first saw a chicken sandwich.
I have made many sandwiches before without any recipe and they weren’t bad. I mean, sandwiches are like the most basic and the most simple recipe you can find.
So, why am I here boring you with a recipe that you probably already know? Well, I believe sometimes you should read the recipes you already know, you might learn a few new things that’ll make your dishes even better.
Why should you try this chicken sandwich recipe?
Firstly, you need this recipe, like, every single day. If you’re preparing lunch for your kids, you need this. Need a midday snack, but don’t have anything in the fridge, you need this. And I can go on and on about it… you
“positively” need this chicken sandwich recipe.
Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to be yours.
Try new things:
With this best chicken sandwich recipe you are free to expand the
borders of your creativity. Make new versions of sandwiches everyday to
keep it interesting and experiment with new ingredients. Try different
fillings or toast the bread to see what happens.
For fillings you can try, cheese or sausage. Or you can try something
vegetarian and use cheese and onion or something like that. See, its truly up
to you, just go and cook like no one’s watching!
Not just tasty:
No, this chicken sandwich recipe is NOT just a tasty dish; it’s healthy
too. Of course it has the protein from the chicken and that’s good for your
muscles among other things. But what else? You’ve probably guessed it
already; the vegetables are the major source of healthy nutrients here.
They provide fiber and other healthy compounds, which is also good for you. It has low Calories and saturated fats; which means you won’t be gaining much fat from this chicken sandwich recipe.
Let’s Talk Some Sides
OK, the spicy chicken sandwich recipe is good but, what more can it
offer? Well, you’re about to find out. Here are some dishes that bring out the best in your chicken sandwiches. Try some fruits to add to the nutritional value of this chicken sandwich recipe. Or add different vegetables in the sandwiches to introduce a different flavor to the recipe.
What will be even better? What about some trying some cheese with this
grilled chicken sandwich recipe. It will be the best combination for all
those “cheese-lovers” out there.
Another amazing combo is chips with these chicken sandwiches (at least
that’s what I like). One last dish, and it’s another of my favorite sides for this chicken sandwich recipe. It’s dill pickles, it adds a nice punch to the rich
flavor of the chicken sandwich and trust me you’ll enjoy it.
How to Make Sandwich
- 2 chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 juiced lemon
- 1 tablespoon garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 thick slices of French bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or according to taste)
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Step 1: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Step 2: Prick the chicken breasts all around, using a fork. Take a bowl and put in the chicken breasts, olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, black pepper, dill, garlic and the herb seasoning.
- Coat the chicken breast by turning it in the bowl. Once it’s coated well, let its it for at least 10 minutes.
- Step 3: Take the chicken breasts out of the marinade and grill each side of the chicken for 10 to 15 minutes (or until the juices run clear).
- Step 4: Heat the butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and sprinkle the garlic powder and salt over it. Put the bread slices on the pan and toast for about 3 minutes or until its golden brown on one side. Then remove from pan.
- Step 5: Place one slice of bread on a serving plate, with its toasted side down. Spread mayonnaise over it. Put some tomato slices, salt and black pepper (to taste) , the grilled chicken breast and then lettuce over it. Spread some mayo on the untoasted side of another slice of bread and place it on top of the sandwich with its toasted side facing up.